MUNCIE, Ind. - A Ball State University student was arrested early Wednesday after being accused of sexually assaulting two other students.
Mynor Andre Caceres Jr., 20, of Indianapolis, was preliminarily charged with two counts each of sexual battery and criminal confinement.
Late Tuesday, Ball State police were sent to the Woodworth Complex, 1600 W. Riverside Ave., where two female freshmen, both 18 years old, reported they had been attacked - in separate incidents - by Caceres after meeting him through Tinder, an online dating app.
One of the accusers said she had accepted an invitation to visit Caceres's dorm room Tuesday evening, and as they watched television, he "forcefully grabbed her," took her cellphone so she could not call for help, and held her down as he repeatedly kissed her on the face and neck, despite being told to stop.
The young woman also said Carceres had fondled her and repeatedly struck her on the back and buttocks.Police say man sexually assaulted Ball State student in dorm room
The other accuser - a friend of the student reporting Tuesday night's incident - described a nearly identical experience in Carceres' room on Aug. 23.
She said she had also met the Indianapolis man through Tinder.
During an interview, Caceres reportedly confirmed the women's accounts.
"He admitted... that he knew what he was doing was wrong but his sexual urges made him do it," an officer wrote.
Carceres was released from the Delaware County jail, apparently after posting a $20,000 bond.
Court records reflect no prior charges against the Indianapolis man.STAY INFORMED AND SUPPORT LOCAL JOURNALISM: Subscribe today using the link at the top of this page. Douglas Walker is a news reporter at The Star Press. Contact him at 765-213-5851 or at email@example.com.